Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1901.

[No. 776.—Petition of Tawhai Rangiwhakaewa.]

No. 776.—Petition of Tawhai Rangiwhakaewa.

Petitioner alleges that the Tautane Reserve, Hawke's Bay, was wrongfully awarded to two persons only, and he prays for readjustment of ownership.

I am directed to report that, as the persons represented by the petitioner had not an opportunity of being heard before the Native Land Court in 1898, the Committee is of opinion the Government should be recommended to introduce such legislation as will give all Natives claiming to have an interest in the reserve an opportunity to appeal.

1st October, 1901.

[Translation. ]
No. 776.—Pitihana a Tawhai Rangiwhakaewa.

E ki ana te kai-pitihana e he ana te whakataunga kia tokorua tonu nga tangata mo te Rahui i Tautane, Haaki Pei, a e inoi ana kia whakaurua atu ano etahi o nga tangata e tika ana ki reira.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei, i te mea kaore i tukua te hunga, e tu nei te kai-pitihana hei mangai mo ratou, kia whakahaere i ta ratou keehi ki te aroaro o te Kooti Whenua Maori i te tau 1898, na reira ki te whakaaro o te Komiti me puta he kupu ki te Kawanatanga kia paahitia he ture kia ahei ai nga Maori katoa e whai kereeme ana ki taua rahui ki te tuku piira ma ratou.

1 o Oketopa, 1901.