The Cyclopedia of New Zealand [Canterbury Provincial District]
Mr. Isaac Thomas Cookson
Mr. Isaac Thomas Cookson was a member for Christchurch in 1860. He was returned for Kaiapoi in 1861, and represented that district until the following year. Mr. Cookson was one of the pioneers of Canterbury, and was the senior partner in the firm of Cookson, Bowler, and Co., merchants, who established themselves in Lyttelton in the early days. The firm subsequently transferred its headquarters to Christchurch, and conducted operations for many years on the site where Inglis' Buildings now stand. Mr. Cookson died in England, over twenty years ago.