The Cyclopedia of New Zealand [Canterbury Provincial District]
Mr. Charles Hunter Brown
Mr. Charles Hunter Brown sat as member for Christchurch in the House of Representatives in 1860. He at one time owned considerable property in Christchurch, including the site of the present Inglis' Buildings. Subsequently he went to Nelson and acquired a large sheep run, known as the Long Look-out station.