Also known as: War History Branch.
Part of the New Zealand Department of Internal Affairs. Formerly called the War History Branch.
- 18 Battalion and Armoured Regiment
- 19 Battalion and Armoured Regiment
- 20 Battalion and Armoured Regiment
- 21 Battalion
- 22 Battalion
- 23 Battalion
- 24 Battalion
- 25 Battalion
- 26 Battalion
- 27 (Machine Gun) Battalion
- 28 (Maori) Battalion
- 2nd New Zealand Divisional Artillery
- 4th and 6th Reserve Mechanical Transport Companies
- Alam Halfa and Alamein
- Bardia to Enfidaville
- Battle for Egypt
- Divisional Cavalry
- Divisional Signals
- Documents Relating to New Zealand's Participation in the Second World War 1939–45: Volume I
- Documents Relating to New Zealand's Participation in the Second World War 1939–45: Volume II
- Documents Relating to New Zealand's Participation in the Second World War 1939–45: Volume III
- Episodes & Studies Volume 1
- Episodes & Studies Volume 2
- Italy Volume I: The Sangro to Cassino
- Italy Volume II : From Cassino to Trieste
- Journey Towards Christmas
- Medical Services in New Zealand and The Pacific
- Medical Units of 2 NZEF in Middle East and Italy
- New Zealand Engineers, Middle East
- New Zealanders with the Royal Air Force (Vol. I)
- New Zealanders with the Royal Air Force (Vol. II)
- New Zealanders with the Royal Air Force (Volume III)
- New Zealand Medical Services in Middle East and Italy
- Petrol Company
- Political and External Affairs
- Prisoners of War
- Problems of 2 NZEF
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Supply Company
- The Home Front Volume I
- The Home Front Volume II
- The New Zealand Dental Services
- The Pacific
- The Relief of Tobruk
- The Royal New Zealand Navy
- To Greece
- War Economy
- War Surgery and Medicine
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Historical Publications Branch as: "Historical Publications Branch", "War History Branch". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Historical Publications Branch":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.