Salient. An Organ of Student Opinion at Victoria College, Wellington, N.Z. Vol. 15, No. 16. August 14, 1952
Table-Tennis . .
Table-Tennis . . .
This year's team will be the "strongest ever" and should find little difficulty in collecting all the titles and winning the tournament.
- Vivian Fleming: Vivian is the present N.Z. Universities singles title holder. She has been playing consistently well this year and won all three titles at the club championships Just concluded.
- Elizabeth Lesser: Elizabeth represented V.U.C. last year. She was beaten only by Viv Fleming in this year's tournament play-off. With Miss Fleming she won the women's doubles title of V.U.C.
- Bryce Jones: Bryce represented Victoria at Dunedin last year. He is the Hastings doubles title-holder and was a quarter-finalist in the North Island open this year. He is undefeated in inter-club competition and was runner-up to A. Darroch for the Varsity singles title.
- Orm Collins: Orm represented Victoria in 1950. Although handicapped by a broken ankle this year, he has been playing exceptionally well and won the Victoria combined doubles title with Viv Fleming.
- Rodney Grubi: Rod plays for Vic's top team and has done very well in inter-club competition. He was runner-up, with Bryce Jones, for the Varsity doubles title this year.
- Gordon Cullingford: Gordon was a reserve A player for Canterbury last year. He has an unauthodox style which makes him very hard to beat and he should prove an asset to this year's team.