Journalist, newspaper proprietor, politician.
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- New Zealand parliamentary guide book containing photographs of the ministry and members of the House of Representatives; also, a brief historical sketch of each member, and results of last election for each constituency in The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 73
- Catechism of the Duties of Life, Being Lessons in Conduct, Intended for Use in Schools or In Homes in The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 68
- The N.Z. Railways Effects on Trade and Progress: being a paper read [to the] Canterbury Industrial Association in The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 68
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for George Warren Russell as: "George Warren Russell". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "George Warren Russell":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.