Also known as: Tom L. Mills.
Journalist, editor of the "Feilding Star," Mansfield scholar.
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- Katherine Mansfield: How Kathleen Beauchamp Came Into Her Own (vol 8, issue 4 in The New Zealand Railways Magazine, Volume 8, Issue 5 (September 1, 1933)
- Henry Lawson: Australia’s Poet and Storyteller: His Connection With New Zealand (vol 9, issue 1) in The New Zealand Railways Magazine, Volume 9, Issue 1 (April 2, 1934.)
- Will Lawson: Our Trans-Tasman Writer (vol 8, issue 9) in The New Zealand Railways Magazine, Volume 8, Issue 9 (January 1, 1934)
- The Trials of a Reporter: Scoop Scored out of Failure in The New Zealand Railways Magazine, Volume 12, Issue 2 (May 1, 1937)
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Thomas Lewis Mills as: "Thomas Lewis Mills", "Tom L. Mills". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Thomas Lewis Mills":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.