Statesman, social reformer.
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- [Correspondence] For private circulation only. 28th Jan. 1852 in The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Rare Volume
- The revolt in New Zealand; a series of letters addressed to the Rev. George Townshend Fox in The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 10
- The permissive Bill: being the substance of a speech delivered in the House of Representatives of New Zealand ... October 18th, 1871 in The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 19
- Compensation: A Memorandum on the question whether it is due to the Publican on the refusal to renew his License in The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 69
- The War in New Zealand
Works by this Author in other Collections
- Travels on the West Coast of the South Island., in Transactions and Proceedings of the Royal Society of New Zealand
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Sir William Fox as: "Sir William Fox". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Sir William Fox":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.