The New Zealand Medical Service in the Great War 1914-1918
III. Scale of Rations on Gallipoli
III. Scale of Rations on Gallipoli.
G.R.O., Q.M.G., 13th April, 1915.
Rations Scale of:—
The scale of Rations after leaving Egypt will be:—
- 1¼ lbs. Fresh Meat or 1 lb. (nominal) preserved meat.
- 1¼ lbs, Bread or 1 lb. Biscuit or 1 lb. Flour.
- 4 ozs. Bacon.
- 3 ozs. Cheese.
- 2 ozs. Peas, Beans or dried Potatoes.
- ⅝ ozs. Tea. ¼ lb. Jam.
- 3 ozs. Sugar.
- ½ oz. Salt, 1/20 oz. Mustard, 1/36 oz. Pepper.
- 1/10 gill Limejuice. at discretion of G.O.C. on recommendation of S.M.O
- ½ gill Rum. at discretion of G.O.C. on recommendation of S.M.O
- Tobacco not exceeding 2 ozs per week at discretion of G.O.C. on recommendation of S.M.O
M.E.F., G.R.O. 2nd May, 1915.
"The issue of Cigarettes, Tobacco and Matches to troops is approved."
M.E.F., G.R.O., 294, 18th June, 1915.
"The following scale of equivalents will obtain when the various commodities are available."
- 4 ozs. Jam. 6 ozs. Preserved Meat, or
- 4 ozs. Jam. 10 ozs Fresh Meat, or
- 4 ozs. Jam. Golden Syrup, or
- 4 ozs. Jam. 3 ozs. Cheese.