The 'Sure to Rise' Cookery Book
“ Up-To-Date ” Brown Scones
“ Up-To-Date ” Brown Scones.
- 2 breakfastcups of wheatmeal
- 1 breakfastcup plain ﬂour
- 3 teaspoonfuls Edmonds' Baking Powder
- 3 ozs. butter (or lard)
- 2 heaped dessertspoonfuls sugar
- 1 egg
- Large cup milk. Salt to taste
Mix the wheatmeal, ﬂour, sugar and Edmonds' Baking Powder, then rub in butter (or lard), beat the egg and milk together, and make into stiff dough. Roll and cut into shapes, place on hot ﬂoured oven shelf, and bake in quick oven.