N.Z. Church Constitution, 1857
N.Z. Church Constitution, 1857.
The Constitution of the Church of New Zealand was agreed to by a general conference of bishops, clergy and laity, which met at Auckland on the 19th of June, 1857. In 1858, Bishop Selwyn was, by Act of Parliament, authorised to convey lands held in trust by him to trustees to be appointed by the General Synod, and during the interval was engaged in the formation of the Bishoprics of Wellington, Nelson and Waiapu. The Ven. Archdeacon Abraham, D.D., of Waite-mata, who had gone to England for consecration as Bishop of Wellington, arrived in March, 1859, and entered on his duties.