St. Peter's, 1848
St. Peter's, 1848.
The Wellington “Spectator” of September 23, 1848, announced that the new church at Te Aro (St. Peter's) was opened for divine service on the previous Sunday, the church at Thorndon being closed for the day. Showery weather prevailed. The wooden building, which subsequently became the nave of the old church, was designed by Mr. Gridland and built by Mr. Mills. It was removed page 389 page 390
The clock in old St. Peter's Tower that for many years served as a town clock is still performing faithful service in the dual capacity of a town clock and service bell for the Anglican Church in Washington Avenue, Brooklyn.