The part of the Grenadier Company of the 65th Regiment, stationed at Pahautanui (Rangi's Stronghold), marched into Wellington to the Barracks at Mount Cook, the Pahautanui Station having been abandoned as a military outpost.
The only military outpost now maintained in the neighbourhood of Wellington was that at Paremata Point.
The “Lord William Bentinck” was made ready for sea, and a part of the 65th Regiment embarked in her under the command of Major Wyatt, with Captain Newingham and Lieutenant McGregor. (“A. and N.Z. Gazette,” 14th June, 1851.)