The New Zealand Medical Service in the Great War 1914-1918
5. Affiliation of Ambulances to Units
5. Affiliation of Ambulances to Units.
For the purpose of:—
|1.||Movements of entire Brigades.|
|2.||Supply of medical stores to R.M.Os.|
|3.||Supply and exchange of water duty men to units.|
|4.||Provision of substitute for R.M.O., sick or on leave.|
Ambulances are affiliated to units as under:—
- 4 Battalions of 1st Infantry Brigade.
- 1st Brigade, N.Z.F.A.
- No. 1 N.Z. Machine Gun Company.
- N.Z. Divisional Headquarters.
- 4 Battalions of 2nd Infantry Brigade.
- 3rd Brigade, N.Z.F.A.
- N.Z. Pioneer Battalion.
- Nos. 2 and 5 N.Z. Machine Gun Company.
- 4 Battalions of 3rd N.Z. (Rifle) Brigade.
- N.Z, Divisional Ammunition Column.
- N.Z. Divisional Train.
- N.Z, Divisional Engineers.
- No. 3 N.Z. Machine Gun Company.
Although a R.M.O. may draw stores from other than his affiliated Ambulance, it should be done only under exceptional circumstances.