The Spike or Victoria College Review, June 1906
Wellington Provincial Shield Championship.
- V.C. v. Thorndon, lost 0—7. Bad weather spoiled the day's tennis.
- V.C. v. Wellington, lost, 5—8. Brown had a hard task to beat Geo. Prouse, 9—8. Beere in the singles, and the Prouse Brothers in the doubles, won good games, and Graham and Miss Cox almost defeated McNicoll and Miss M. Ward, obtaining 6—7.
- V.C. v. Newtown, lost, 5—8.
- V.C. v. Brougham Hill, won, 7—6. F. P. Wilson had a most exciting game against Hunter, eventually losing, 10—12. Both Miss Van Staveren and Miss Roberts won their singles.
- V.C. v. Thorndon, lost, 9—3. Wilson and Graham won a good game from Young and Gore, 9—6, and Miss Van Staveren was just beaten by Miss Batham, 6—7.
- V.C. v. Newtown, won, 9—4. Misses Van Staveren and Roberts had some difficulty in beating Miss Christie and Mrs. Grady b 7—6.
- V.C. v. Brougham Hill, lost, 8—5. Beere and de la Mare both won their singles, but played badly, and were beaten in the doubles. O. Prouse and Miss Cox narrowly escaped a beating in their combined, winning 8—6.
- V.C: v. Wellington, lost, 8—5. Beere and Miss Van Staveren won their singles, and all the men's doubles were won, the Prouse brothers playing a fine game.