Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

New Zealand: Acts affecting Native Lands, 1886, 1888-91 and 1894-95

[Text]

page 1

[i roto i te reo Māori]

New Zealand. Analysis.

Title.

1.Short Title.

Jurisdiction and Procedure of the Native Land Court.

2.Power of Native Land Court to be same as Supreme Court in certain cases.
3.Amendment of section 6, "Native Land Court Act 1886 Amendment Act, 1888."
4.Voluntary arrangement to be reduced to writing.

Alienation of Land.

5.Amendment of sections 21, 28, and 22, "Native Land Court Acts Amendment Act, 1889."

1890, No. 32. An Act to amend the Law relating to Native Land. Title.

[17 th September, 1890.

Be It Enacted by the General Assembly of New Zealand in Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:—

1.The Short Title of this Act is "The Native Land Lawsshort Title. Amendment Act, 1890."

Jurisdiction and Procedure of the Native Land Court.

2.The Native Land Court shall have the same power as thePower of Native Land Court to be same as Supreme Court in certain cases. Supreme Court to grant probates of wills and letters of administration of the estates and effects of Natives dying within New Zealand before or after the passing of this Act, and such probate and letters of administration shall have the same force and effect as if the same had been granted by the Supreme Court.
3.Section six of "The Native Land Court Act 1886 AmendmentAmendment of section 6 "Native Land Court Act 1886 Amendment Act, 1888." Act, 1888," shall be read and construed as if the words beginning "and that, as to the land the subject of the restriction to be removed, those appearing as owners and all others having a beneficial interest concur in the proposed removal," had been omitted from the proviso to the said section at the passing of the said Act.
4.The terms of an arrangement voluntarily come to by theVoluntary arrangement to be reduced to writing. Natives or by the Natives and Europeans concerned in any proceeding before the Court shall be reduced to writing, and signed by all the parties thereto; and the Court shall be satisfied of the authenticity of the signatures and the bona fides of such arrangement before the same is given effect to by the Court in pursuance of the provisions of section fifty-nine of "The Native Land Court Act, 1886."
page 2

Alienation of land.

5. Amendment of sections 21, 28, and 98, "Native Land Court Acts Amendment Act, 1889."

Where the words "six months" occur in sections twenty-one and twenty-eight of "The Native Land Court Acts Amendment Act, 1889," they shall be read as if "twelve months" had been inserted instead thereof; and the said section twenty-eight shall be read as if the words "until the end of the next session of Parliament," occurring in such section, had been omitted, and the words "until the end of the session of Parliament next following the final determination by the Commissioners of such application for inquiry" had been inserted instead thereof.

Section twenty-two of "The Native Land Court Acts Amendment Act, 1889," shall be read as if the words "the Governor in Council" had been inserted instead of the words "the Commissioners" occurring at the beginning thereof, but so that any rules heretofore made by the Commissioners shall, until annulled or varied by the Governor in Council, remain in force.

[ko te tohutoro i roto i te reo Pākehā]

page 1

Niu Tireni. Te Tau Rima Tekau Ma Wha O Te Kuinitanga O Kuini Wikitoria

Ture Whakatikatika I Nga Ture Whenua Maori. He Ture hei whakatikatika i te Ture e pa ana ki nga Whenua Maori.

Ka Meingatia Hei Ture e te Runanga Nui o Niu Tireni e noho huihui ana i roto i te Paremete, i runga hoki i tona mana, ara.

1.Te Ingoa Poto o tenei Ture ko "Te Ture Whakatikatika, 1890, i Nora Ture Whenua Maori."

Te Mana Me Te Tikanga Whakahaere O Te Kooti Whenua Maori.

2.Me rite tonu ano te mana o te Kooti Whenua Maori ki to te Hupirimi Kooti ki te whakamana wira me te whakaputa pukapuka whakamana ki nga kaiwhakahaere mo nga whenua me nga taonga o nga Maori kua mate ki Niu Tireni nei, i mua atu i muri ranei o te mananga o tenei Ture, a ko ana whakamananga wira, me ana pukapuka whakamana i nga kaiwhakahaere, me tino whaimana ano he mea whakaputa na te Hupirimi Kooti.
3.Ko te tekiona ono o "Te Ture Whakatikatika 1888 i te Ture Kooti Whenua Maori 1886" me korero me whakamarama ano i patua i te pahitanga ano o taua Ture enei kupu e whai ake nei ara,—"kia marama hoki te Kooti, mo runga mo taua whenua e tonoa ra kia unuhia nga here a e whakaae katoa ana ratou te hunga e kitea iho ana ko ratou te hunga whai take ki taua whenua, me era atu tangata e whaitikanga ana kia unuhia nga here."
4.Ko nga tikanga o nga kirimene i whakaaetia noatia e nga Maori, nga Pakeha me nga Maori ranei e uru ana ki tetahi keehi i te aroaro o te Kooti me tuhituhi a me haina e nga tangata katoa e pa ana ki taua kirimene, a me matua titiro taua pukakuka whakaritanga peratanga kia marama ai te Kooti i tuhia tikatia nga ingoa e tika ana e pono ana hold taua whakaritenga, i mua o te whakamananga o taua kirimene e te Kooti i raro i nga ritenga o te tekiona rima tekau ma iwa o "Te Ture Kooti Whenua Maori, 1886."
page 2

Hoko Whenua.

5.Ko nga kupu "ono marama" o roto o te tekihana rua tekau ma tahi me te rua tekau ma waru o "Te Ture Whakatikatika 1889 i nga Ture Kooti Whenua Maori" me korero ano i whakakorea atu aua kupu i hoatu ke ko enei kupu "tekau ma rua marama" hei whakakapi mo aua kupu; a me panui hoki taua tekihana rua tekau ma waru ano i whakakorea atu enei kupu "kia tae ra ano ki te mutunga o tera huihuinga o te Paremata" i hoatu ke ko enei kupu "kia tae ra ano ki te mutunga o te Paremete e whai tata ana i te whakataunga whakamutunga a nga Komihana mo taua tono kia whiriwhiria."