Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Old Private Land Purchases in New Zealand, From the Year 1815 to 1840, with Pre-Emptive and Other Claims

Translation

Translation.

I the undersigned hereby agree to sell to Wm. Blake, his heirs and assigns a portion of 1845.Auckland District.Heruroa.W. F. Blake. land, situate on the Creek Heruroa for the following payments: One Chest, Two Blankets and Two Pounds in Cash.

I will not sell this land to any other individual, but now sell the same with all things thereupon to Wm. Blake, his heirs and assigns for ever.

The Boundaries of this land are as follow. Bounded on the North by land belonging Boundaries. [200 acres.] to the Natives—on the East by a ridge—on the West by a small stream—and on the South by land claimed by Mr. McDonald.
I acknowledge the contents of this document to be correct. I have received the Receipt. payment herein specified, and therefore affix my name on this 1st day of November in the year of our Lord 1845.

[Signature.]

[Witness.]

A True Copy of Original Deed and Translation. No. 241.P.C.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, 10th November, 1880.