Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Old Private Land Purchases in New Zealand, From the Year 1815 to 1840, with Pre-Emptive and Other Claims

Translation

Translation.

1840. 15 February.Wairoa.Know all men who shall see this Deed, Now I Tara a chief of Ngatiterau do agree to give sell and absolutely let go to my Grand children the children of my daughter Boundaries. Ngeungeu, and Thomas Maxwell a certain piece of Land on the Wairoa, commencing at Poutou, thence to Pakia, to Tukupoto, to Urungahauhau, to Mataikokakaho, to Pukematai, to Haerenikau, to Koheroa, to Ikurangi, to Te Tutuakoroheke, to Paikoromiko, to Te Roto, to Tititahi where it ends. An estate for those children and for their children for ever and for ever, the Land and all it contains above or below. The Names of Grandchildren. names of those children of my daughter Ngeungeu and Thomas Maxwell are John, James, Robert, George. This is all. Witness my mark written on this 15 day of February, One Thousand Eight hundred and forty. New Zealand.

[Witnesses.]
A true copy and translation.

[Signature.]

Thomas S. Forsaith.