Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Old Private Land Purchases in New Zealand, From the Year 1815 to 1840, with Pre-Emptive and Other Claims

(Enclosure in No. 321.) — Transfer from Gilbert Mair to Messrs. Christie and Duffies

(Enclosure in No. 321.)
Transfer from Gilbert Mair to Messrs. Christie and Duffies.

Sold and delivered by the within deed all and singular my right title and Estate in the 1840. 22 April.Whangarei District.land or Premises contained therein to William Hervey Christie Major in the 80th Regiment, and John Duffies, Clerk, for and in consideration of the sum of three hundred Mangapouri.pounds sterling which I acknowledge to have well and truly payment therefore this Christie and Duffies. 22nd day of April 1840 and I hereby guarantee to secure and defend the said Receipt for £300.William Hervey Christie Major in the 80th Regiment and John Duffies Clerk against all claim or claims endeavoured to be established thereon and at any time required will sign and make further deeds therefore.

Gilbert Mair.

Witnesses—
James Greenhill.
Wm. Powditch.
Richd. Taylor.

True Copy.

H. Kemp.

Taken in Court,

27 October, 1841.

E. L. Godfrey.
M. Richmond.

No. 62.O.L.C.A True Transcript of Certified Copy of Original Deed and Transfer.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, 12th October, 1878.