Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Old Private Land Purchases in New Zealand, From the Year 1815 to 1840, with Pre-Emptive and Other Claims

1. Transfer from Richard Dryden to George Frederick Russell

1. Transfer from Richard Dryden to George Frederick Russell.

1840. 20 March.Otarihau.Know all men by these Presents that I Richard Dryden of Hokianga in New Zealand have this day alienated and sold unto George Frederick Russell also of Hokianga, all G. F. Russell.my Right Title and Interest unto that portion of land known by the name of O Tarihau, and minutely described in the foregoing Deed and Instrument for himself, his Heirs, Administrators and Assigns, to enjoy without let or hindrance from me, or the Chiefs, Receipt.as before named, from henceforth and for ever. In consideration and as a full acquitment of and for all which, I acknowledge to have this day received a full and just payment for the same, and free from all claims and encumbrances whatsoever. In Testimony of which I have hereunto set my hand and seal this Twentieth day of March, Anno Domini, One Thousand Eight hundred and Forty at Te Kohu Kohu, Hokianga in New Zealand.

Witnessed by—

Richard Dryden. l.s.
Duml. McKenna.