1838. 23 January.
Oha Block, Near Newark Station, Hokianga District.
Nuaka, Hokianga, New Zealand, January 23, 1838.
Karekare and Tio do hereby testify that we have this day
sold and delivered to John Whiteley
for the Wesleyan Mission all that parcel of land known by the name of Oha being a
"Motu," and surrounding "Padu," bounded on the East by a Creek called [200 acres.]
Pouwata, on the North by the Mission Station called Nuaka, on the West by
lands belonging to the above station, and on the South by a line running from the
original boundary line of the Mission land to the point where it arrives at the
Mangrove mud-flat Receipt.
forming with that line a right angle. And for the above described land we
have page 255
received the following payment,
viz., 2 Blankets, 1 Scissors, 2 Frocks, 6 lbs. of Tobacco, and 1 Adze, 2 Combs.
Tio his mark x.
Karekare his mark x.
James Davis, Int.
A True Transcript of Certified Copy of Original Deed.No. 389c.O.L.C.
21st November, 1879.