Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Old Private Land Purchases in New Zealand, From the Year 1815 to 1840, with Pre-Emptive and Other Claims

(Enclosure in No. 246.) — Transfer prom Robert Hunt to William Bellingham

(Enclosure in No. 246.)
Transfer prom Robert Hunt to William Bellingham.

March Tenth Eighteen Hundred and Forty.
Know all men by these Presents that I Robert Hunt do this day make over and sell to 1840. 10 March.Mangatipa.W. Bellingham. William Bellingham his heirs and assigns for ever the whole of my right and title to [300 acres.] three Hundred acres of land with all the timber and other things thereon; situate on the West side of the river Monamuka lying between and bounded by the Creeks Omakura, and the Awa Motu, commencing from the foot of the hill called Puki Kauri, fronting the aforesaid river of Monamuka and running inland to the extent of the three hundred acres before mentioned for which I Robert Hunt do acknowledge to have received the sum of Fifteen Pounds Sterling as a full and just compensation for the Receipt for £15. aforesaid land, Timber &c. &c. And I hereby promise and agree for myself my heirs executors and assigns to execute any further deed or testament which shall be necessary for the more perfect and complete conveyance to the said William Bellingham his heirs and assigns or all my right titles and interest in the above named land &c. according to the laws and usages of Great Britain as Witness this my hand. And William Bellingham hereby agrees to pay any demand that the British Government may make on the above mention'd lands &c. Robt. Hunt.

William Bellingham.

Witness—

Joseph William Wright.
John Marmon.
Charles Smith.

A True Copy of Original Deed and Transfer.No. 119.O.L.C.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, 14th November, 1878.