Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Old Private Land Purchases in New Zealand, From the Year 1815 to 1840, with Pre-Emptive and Other Claims

(Enclosure in No. 288.) — Transfer from George F. Russell to Henry Jellicoe

(Enclosure in No. 288.)
Transfer from George F. Russell to Henry Jellicoe.

Know all men by these Presents, that I George Frederick Russell in the Island of New 1838. 11 December.Te Ngaio.Henry Jellicoe. Zealand have this day alienated and sold unto Henry Jellicoe now of Hokianga, New Zealand, late of Van Dieman's land, all that parcel of land &c. &c. known by the name of Te Ngaio, and minutely described in the foregoing Deed and Instrument, for himself, his Heirs, Administrators, Executors and Assigns to enjoy without let or hindrance from me or the Chiefs as before named from henceforth and for ever. In consideration of which Receipt. I acknowledge to have this day received a portion of the amount specified in the Deed of Te Toke, also bearing transfer same date as the present, as a full and just payment for the same, and free from all other claims and encumbrances whatsoever. Witness my hand and seal this Eleventh day of December, Anno Domini, One Thousand Eight Hundred and Thirty-Eight.

George Frederick Russell.

Witnesses—
Edward Campbell.
Edmund Cooke.

A True Copy of Original Deed and Transfer.No. 122a.O.L.C.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, 16th November, 1878.