Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Old Private Land Purchases in New Zealand, From the Year 1815 to 1840, with Pre-Emptive and Other Claims

(Enclosure 1 in No. 257.) — Transfer from A. J. Ross to N. Turner

(Enclosure 1 in No. 257.)
Transfer from A. J. Ross to N. Turner.

1838. 29 May.This is to certify that my Deceased Husband Adolphus James Ross M.D. did on the 29th of May 1838, in my presence, sell to the Revd. Nathaniel Turner for the sum of Kohukohu.Transfer to N. Turner. [1,000 acres.] £150 All his estate in the River Hokianga New Zealand known by the name of the Kohukohu, bounded by Captn. McDonnell's Property on the Waihoe Creek on the one side and the Konuke Creek on the other, having the Hokianga River in front, and extending inland four miles according to the expression of the original Deeds, I copied with my own hand. The Deeds and Transfer of all Buildings, Leases &c. &c. upon the said property were duly signed sealed and delivered over to the Revd. N. Turner in my presence and in the presence of the Revd. John Hobbs and Mr. George Stephenson who signed the Deeds as Witnesses. In confirmation of the above I hereunto set my hand and seal.

Signed Alicia Ross.

Mangungu,Sept. 22nd, 1838.

Witness—

Willm. Woon.

We the undersigned do hereby attest that we were witnesses to the sale of the above mentioned property by Dr. Ross to the Revd. N. Turner.Endorsement.

Signed John Hobbs.
George Stephenson.

True Copy.

J. Davis, Int.