Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Old Private Land Purchases in New Zealand, From the Year 1815 to 1840, with Pre-Emptive and Other Claims

Kororareka Beach (Centre of), Bay of Islands District

Kororareka Beach (Centre of), Bay of Islands District.

Know all men by these presents that I Benjn. Turner on one part and a Native Chief 1835. 23 October.Bay of Islands District. known by the name of Puss (of Kororarika) on the other whereby the said Puss did bargain and sell to said Benjaman Turner a piece or parcel of Land situated on Kororarika Kororareka Beach. beach to his heirs assigns and administrators for ever and that the said Benjn. Turner is to hold peaceable and lawfull possession and the said Benjn. Turner shall be B. E. Turner. at liberty to dispose of the same as he shall think proper the said Puss a Native Chief having given up possession to the said Benjn. Turner for that piece or parcel of Land adjoining that he the said Benjn. Turner now holds containing Eight (8) feet frontage Boundaries. seventy four 74 feet deep and five (5) feet back whereas in Consideration the said Benjn. Turner has given to the said Puss a New Zealand Chief one Cask of Powder Payment. and two Bags of Shot the said Puss having given up all claims and demands of the ground so purchased whereon I the said puss do afix my Hand and seal this twenty-third day of October in the Year of our Lord One thousand Eight Hundred and Thirty-five.

Puss his mark x.

Witnesses—

W. Moores.
R. Harvey.
John Mitchenen.

True Copy.

Henry Kemp.