Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Old Private Land Purchases in New Zealand, From the Year 1815 to 1840, with Pre-Emptive and Other Claims

Otuihu Block, River Waikre, Bay of Islands District

Otuihu Block, River Waikre, Bay of Islands District.

Know all men by these presents that I Kiwi Kiwi (and Cavitti), being a chief of a tribe 1835. 3 October.Bay of Islands District. resident at the Bay of Islands, New Zealand, do hereby agree with William Potter also Otuihu. page 134 William Potter. resident at the Bay of Islands, for and in consideration of the sum hereafter mentioned do transfer unto the said William Potter all that piece of land situated at the Pah known by the name of Raboricker, adjoining the dwelling house of the said William Boundaries. [¾ acre.] Potter, one hundred and twenty feet frontage to low water mark and extending backwards one hundred and thirty feet from the house erected thereon: And I the said Kiwi Kiwi (and Cavitti) have full authority and right to transfer and make over the said piece of land as hereinbefore mentioned unto the said William Potter his heirs executors and administrators, and do hereby for myself and my heirs and successors guarrantee that the said William Potter shall hereafter enjoy quiet and peaceful possession of the said premises. In witness hereof we hereby set our hands and seals this 3rd day of October in the year of our Lord 1835.

Kiwi Kiwi his x mark.
Cavitti his x mark.

Witness—

J. Johnson.
Thomas Grenville.

Receipt for £18 and goods. Received of William Potter the sum of Eighteen Pounds sterling, and a cask of 25 lb. of Powder. Witness our hands this 3rd day of October, 1835.

Kiwi Kiwi his x mark.
Cavitti his x mark.

[Same witnesses.]