Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Old Private Land Purchases in New Zealand, From the Year 1815 to 1840, with Pre-Emptive and Other Claims

(Enclosure 1 in No. 398.) — Deed of Assignment of Te Kopu Block by John Hearne Webster to Peter Abercrombie

(Enclosure 1 in No. 398.)
Deed of Assignment of Te Kopu Block by John Hearne Webster to Peter Abercrombie.

Know all Men by these presents that I John Hearne Webster formerly residing at 1840. 11 July. Thames District. Te Kopu.Coromandel Harbour on the Coast of New Zealand, now residing at Orau Park, New Assignment to Peter Abercrombie.South Wales, Considering that by deed of bargain and sale dated the 9th ninth day of page 360 December eighteen hundred and thirty-nine made and granted by Te Horeta, Pokaia, Puakanga, and Te Hone Waka, Native Chiefs of the said Island of New Zealand, They, for the consideration or price therein mentioned, granted, bargained, sold, assigned, released, and conveyed to me, my heirs, administrators and assigns, All that piece or portion of land on the River Thames, New Zealand, called Kopu, Puarau, and Huimanuka, Boundaries. [150 acres.]bounded on the North by a creek called Taritari, on the West by the river Waihou, and on the South and East by the Kopu Creek extending to the aforesaid creek called Taritari, And further Considering that the above mentioned land was purchased by me for and on account of Peter Abercrombie formerly of Sydney, now residing at Coromandel Harbour aforesaid, he having advanced and given to me the various articles of Merchandise paid for the same, it is right and proper that I should grant the Assignation underwritten Therefore I now hereby Assign Transfer and Make over from me my heirs and successors to, and in favour of the said Peter Abercrombie his heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns, all the above mentioned piece of land called the Kopu, Puarau and Huimanukau on the River Thames, New Zealand, bounded and described as above mentioned, with all ways, waters, water courses, trees and appurtenances whatsoever to the same belonging, Together with all right and title which I have to the same turning and transferring from me and my foresaids all right and interest to the said land and appurtenances thereof to and in favour of the said Peter Abercrombie and his foresaids for ever. And I hereby bind and oblige myself to warrant this Assignation to the said Peter Abercrombie and his foresaids from all facts and deeds done or to be done by me in prejudice hereof. In Witness whereof I have subscribed these presents at Orau Park foresaid this Eleventh day of July in the year Eighteen hundred and Forty before these witnesses.

John Hearne Webster.

John Cahill.
L. H. Ross.

A true Copy.

Henry Clarke, Intr.

Received into Court this 29th day of June, 1843.

M. Richmond.

Registration. Received into the Registrar's office this tenth day of March 1841 at ¼ to 4 o'clock in the afternoon from J. S. Horner, a Memorial of an Assignment from John Hearne Webster to Peter Abercrombie. Certified by Jos. Stirling Horner and numbered 144 one hundred and forty-four. B.V.

D. B. Hutchinson.

A true Copy.

M. Richmond.