Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

An Epitome of Official Documents Relative to Native Affairs and Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand

No. 3. — The Chief Protector to the Hon. the Colonial Secretary

No. 3.
The Chief Protector to the Hon. the Colonial Secretary.

Manukau.—Boundaries of Land already Purchased. Protector's Office,
Auckland, 3rd February, 1842.

Sir,—

Referring to His Excellency the Governor's note of February 1st, requesting a revision of my letter, stating full the boundary of the land purchased on the Manukau, I do myself the honor to forward the following description to be appended thereto, of the land purchased from Te Tihi, copied from the deed duly executed and signed by Te Tihi himself:—The northern boundary commences at a place called Otaimake (on the Manukau); from thence to Patoetoe; from thence to Wairata, Ohutu, and Ratahi. The southern line commences at Waipapa and is formed by Te Mata to Whararuhara, Hopu Hopu, Tara-komuku, and the Kaurikaranga; the western line by Otaimske along the Manukau, until it reaches Waipapa. The eastern line is formed by Puketutu, Weraroa, Te Mura and Te Rape. A place Waimihia included in these boundaries is reserved for themselves.

I have, &c.,

George Clarke,
Chief Protector.

The Hon. the Colonial Secretary.