Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

An Epitome of Official Documents Relative to Native Affairs and Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand

No. 44. — The Chief Commissioner to Mr. Commissioner Hay

No. 44.
The Chief Commissioner to Mr. Commissioner Hay.

Waiheke.—To undertake the Survey of some Land. Land Purchase Department, Auckland, 26th June, 1855.

Sir,—

I received a note from you a few days ago stating that you were unable to come to town at the time appointed by you. As you have not been able to do so, I should be glad if you would undertake to survey some land at Waiheke, which has been sold by Kingi Hori Pokai te Ruinga to the Government, the boundaries of which have not yet been defined. A copy of the deed of sale for this purchase will be supplied to you from this office.

I should be glad if you could accompany a millwright named Clough, presently at Auckland, to survey the boundaries of a piece of land which the Natives at Taupo, near Orere, wish to dispose of in order to keep their mill in working order. The price for the land can be determined by the Natives and myself after the boundaries have been defined and pointed out to you in the presence of the several Native claimants.

I have, &c.,

Donald McLean, Chief Commissioner.

G. W. D. Hay, Esq.