Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

An Epitome of Official Documents Relative to Native Affairs and Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand

James Mackay, Jun., to the Agent, General Government, Auckland

James Mackay, Jun., to the Agent, General Government, Auckland.

Coromandel and Hauraki.—Forwarding Return of Lands purchased. New Zealand Native Land Agency, Auckland 24th, March, 1873.

Sir,—

I have the honor to acknowledge the receipt of your communication of the 5th instant, requesting me to furnish a return of Native lands purchased by me, or under negotiation for purchase under the 34th section of "The Immigration and Public Works Act, 1870." I now beg to transmit the information required under the following heads, viz.:—

Return No. 1. "Blocks, the purchase of which has been completed;"

Return No. 2. "Blocks for which negotiations are concluded, but deeds not executed."

Return No. 3. "Blocks under negotiation, but price not finally arranged."

Owing to my absence from the Thames, at Whangamata and Tauranga, I did not receive your instructions until the 14th instant, and as it has taken all my time since to compile the returns, I have been unable as yet to make the sketch map of the various blocks as called for by the Hon. Mr. McLean, but hasten to transmit the returns at once, and will furnish a map in the course of a few days.

I have, &c.,

James Mackay, junr.,
Agent for Native Land Purchases, Immigration and Public Works Act.

The Agent, General Government, Auckland.