Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

An Epitome of Official Documents Relative to Native Affairs and Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand

No. 37. — Copy of a Despatch from his Grace the Duke of Newcastle to Governor Sir W. Denison

No. 37.
Copy of a Despatch from his Grace the Duke of Newcastle to Governor Sir W. Denison.

New Plymouth.—Despatch of Military Force to New Zealand approved of. Downing Street, 27th June, 1860.

Sir,—

I have received your Despatch No. 42, of the 12th April last, reporting the measures which you had taken on the application of the Governor of New Zealand for affording military assistance to that colony in consequence of the Native outbreak at Taranaki; and I have to express the acknowledgments of Her Majesty's Government of the prompt measures which you adopted, and of the willing co-operation afforded by the Government of New South Wales in despatching all the available force in the colony to the succour of New Zealand.

I have, &c.,

Newcastle.

Governor Sir W. Denison, K.C.B., &c.