Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume Two

Native Lands Act, 1865, and Native Lands Act, 1867. District of Otaki, Province of Wellington, Muhunoa No. 4 Block

Native Lands Act, 1865, and Native Lands Act, 1867. District of Otaki, Province of Wellington, Muhunoa No. 4 Block.

1874. 16 April.Land to be alienable.Ata sitting of the Native Land Court of New Zealand, held at Otaki in the said District on the 16th day of April 1874, before John Rogan, Esquire, Judge, and Enoka Te Whanake, Assessor. Upon hearing the parties, and upon evidence taken, it was ordered that the presiding Judge do report the opinion of the Court, that it is not proper to place any restriction on the alienability of a Parcel of Land at Muhunoa in the District aforesaid, containing by estimation Three thousand six hundred (3600) acres and known by the name of Muhunoa No. 4 or of any part thereof, or to attach any condition to the estate to be granted. Witness the hand of John Rogan Esquire, Judge, and the Seal of the Court, the 16th day of April, 1874.

(Signed) J. Rogan,
Presiding Judge.

True Copy.

Edwin Woon.

Trust Commissioner's certificate. I, Charles Heaphy, the Trust Commissioner under "The Native Lands Frauds Prevention Act, 1870," for the District of Wellington, do hereby certify that I have, with respect to the within-written instruments and the alienation thereby witnessed, made the enquiries directed by the said Act, and do certify that I am satisfied with the result of such enquiries. Dated this 11th day of July, 1876.

Charles Heaphy,
Trust Commissioner.

No. 24,694.

Registration. Received 12 noon, Thursday, 27th July, 1876.

(l.s.)

John E. Smith,
Registrar of Deeds.

Recorded 39 Deeds fo. 874.
Index 28 vol., fo. 177.
Fo. fees, £1 . 0 . 0.

A True Copy of Original Deed, Maori Précis, Judge's Orders, Certificate, and Registration.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington,September 15th, 1877.