Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume Two

[Deeds—No. 18.]

Deeds—No. 18.

Part of Ohariu Native Reserve (Agreement), Wellington District.

1874. 17 March. Wellington District.I Wiremu Parata Te Kiorehereby agree to convey to the General Government of New Zealand for the sum of Thirty three pounds sterling (£33) all that parcel of land containing sixty six (66) acres more or less being subdivision twelve (12) of the Ohariu OHARIU. (Parata's Reserve.)Native Reserve as subdivided at the investigation Court held at Wellington in March Agreement to convey.1867, Bounded on the North by Boundaries. [66 acres.]Subdivision No. 11 of the said reserve 2150 links, on the East by subdivision 13, 2500 links, on the South by part of subdivision 17 and by subdivision 18, 3575 links, on the West by the sea as the same is more particularly delineated on the plan drawn on the margin hereof and colored red. I have this day Receipt for £16.received from the General Government of New Zealand by the hands of Richd. J. Gill the sum of sixteen pounds sterling (£16) on account the balance seventeen pounds (£17) to be paid to me on the execution by me of a proper conveyance to the Government. In witness whereof I have hereunto affixed my mark this seventeenth day of March, 1874.

Wiremu Parata Te Kiore x his mark.

Signed by the said Wiremu Parata Kiore by making his mark, the figures "10" in the sixth line from the top between the words subdivision and the figures "13" having been previously erased in the presence of—

Jas. Carroll, Interpreter.
R. Whitaker.

Declaration of James Carroll, Native Interpreter

I, James Carroll, of Wellington, Native Interpreter, do hereby declare that I did read over the within agreement in the Maori language to Wiremu Parata Te Kiore previous to his signing the same, and that he perfectly understood the nature and meaning of it.

Jas. Carroll.

H. Hanson Turton's declaration

A True Copy of Original Agreement and Declaration.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, November 12th, 1875