Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume Two

[untitled]

Declaration of Ebenezer Baker.I,Ebenezer Baker, of Wellington, in the Province of Wellington, Licensed Interpreter, do solemnly and sincerely declare that before the execution of the within-written deed by the within-named Hemi Parai and Hori Ngapaka (the vendors of the within-described hereditaments), the within-written deed was interpreted and translated by me to them in the Maori tongue, and that my translation was correct and was understood by them. That the said vendors did sign, seal, and deliver the said deed in my presence, and in the presence of Charles Beard Izard, both being present at the same time, and that the said Charles Beard Izard is a male adult; and I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true, and by virtue of "The Native Lands Acts, 1865 and 1867," and "The Justices of the Peace Act. 1866."
Eb. Baker.

Declared at Wellington aforesaid, this twelfth day of May, one thousand eight hundred and seventy three. Before me—

Walter Turnbull,
A Justice of the Peace of New Zealand.

page 113