Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume Two

[Deeds—No. 11.]

Deeds—No. 11.

Kaiwharawhara Block (Memorandum), Wellington District.

Ko te pukapuka Tauira tenei o nga oneone kua oti nei te whakarite e nga Kawana hei No dateWellington District. oneone mo nga tangata o "Kaiwharawhara" o "Ohariu" me titiro iho ianei ki nga KAIWHARAWHARA. rohe kua oti te ta, ki te ta whero: huihuia katoatia, e wha-rau e wha-tekau o nga Exchange for other lands ekara—ko nga utu enei, ko nga whakaritenga enei, mo a matou tae kai katoa o mua e takoto haere ana i roto o nga whenua o nga Pakeha, koia tenei ka tukua whakareretia Memorandum on plan atu nei mo nga Pakeha hei oneone mo ratou—oti tonu atu.

Na te Kanara tenei tuhinga,
me tenei whakaritenga.

Translation.

Plan of the lands allotted to the Kaiwharawhara Natives including the Section No. 4 purchased on their account, the three blocks are within the red boundaries, and contain Wellington District.KAIWHARAWHARA. about four hundred and forty (440) acres, these lands are given in lieu of lands on Memorandum on plan. settlers' sections. They are also guaranteed in their Pahs at Kaiwharawhara and Tiakawi.

W. A. McCleverty, Lt. Colonel and Depy. Qr. Mr. Genl.

The plans of the Pahs and Reserves at Kaiwara-wara and Tiakawi guaranteed to the Natives are annexed. W. A. McCleverty, Lt. Colonel.

The Natives of the Ngatitama tribe residing at Kaiwara-Tiakiwi and Ohariu are guaranteed, in a Pah on Native Reserves 659, 660 in the Town of Wellington the plan is annexed, as the residence of those formerly living at Tiakiwi on the beach of Thorndon flat.

W. A. McCleverty, Lt. Co1.

Registration No. 101 Received for Registration at 11 o'clock a.m. 18th March, 1848.

(l.s.)

Robert R. Strang,
Registrar of Deeds, Wellington.

A True Copy of Original Memorandum, Translation, and Endorsement.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellingtong, January 15th, 1876.