Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Deed Receipts—No. 7.]

Deed Receipts—No. 7.

Tokatoka Block, Kaipara District.

Kua riro mai ki a matou na Donald McLean te Tino Kai whakarite whenua nga 1856. 31 October. Kaipara District. pauna moni E toru tekau (£30 . 0 . 0) hei utu mo te wahi i kapea ki waho te rohe o Tokatoka ara te rerenga o te rohe i runga i ta te Penitona ruritanga puta noa ki te awa Tokatoka. o te Manganui. Kia Kitea e te Kai ruri te aua o taua whenua ka whakatumautia ona Receipt for £30. utu a muri ake nei.

No te rironga mai o enei moni E toru tekau (£30 . 0 . 0) i tenei ra i te 31st October ka tuhia o matou ingoa me o matou whakaaetanga.

Manukau Rewharewha.
Na Paone te Rangi.
Pairama.
Arama Karaka.
Matiu Hau x.
Himiona Taipari x.
Awaiti x.
And 6 other signatures.

Nga Kai Titiro—

Fras. D. Fenton, J.P., Auckland.
William White.

Translation.

We have received from Donald McLean Esquire Land Purchase Commissioner the 1856. 31 October. sum of Thirty pounds for that portion of Land which was-not included in the boundaries Tokatoka. of Tokatoka that is where the boundary runs along Mr. Fenton’s survey line and on to Receipt for £30. the Manganui Creek. The final instalment will [gap — reason: damage] ranged when the surveyor has seen the nature of the land.

On the receipt of the said Thirty pounds on this 31st day of October 1856 we have hereunto affixed our names and marks of assent.

Menukau Rewharewha.
And 6 other signatures.

Witnesses—

Fras. D. Fenton J.P., Auckland.
William White.

A True Transcript of Office Copy of Original Receipt.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, February 14th, 1876