Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Deed Receipts—No. 35.]

Deed Receipts—No. 35.

Parakakau Block, Mahurangi District.

Kua riro mai i a matou inaianei i tenei ra i te rua tekau ma tahi (21) o nga ra o Hune 1854. 21 June. Mahurangi District . i te tau to tatou Ariki kotahi mano e waru rau e rima tekau ma wha (1854) kotahi te rau pauna moni takitahi (£100) na te Makarini i homai he utu whakamutunga tenei ki a matou mo Parekakau kei Mahurangi. Parakakau.
Ko nga rohe anei ko te rohe ki te tonga ko te Ahutoetoe ka rere kei te awa o Receipt for £100, final payment. Kohiotu ka rere Parakakau ka rere Waitoki kei te awa te mutunga ki te hauauru o Waitoki ka tae ki te Wainui ko te tutakinga tenei ki te rohe o te Hemara. Boundaries.

Na kua tukua rawatia atu tenei whenua e matou ki a Wikitoria te Kuini o Ingarangi ki nga Kingi Kuini ranei o muri iho i a ia ake tonu atu.

No te rironga mai o ene moni no reira i tuhia ai o matou ingoa me o matou tohu.

Na Kereihi Waikakax tona tohu.

Wiremu Rewheti.

Kai Titiro—

John White, Interpreter.
H. T. Kemp, J.P.
John P. Russell, Wairarapa.

Translation.

We have received on this 21st day of June in the year of Our Lord 1854 the sum of 1854. 21 June. Parakakau. £100 from Mr. McLean in final payment for Parakakau at Mahurangi.
These are the boundaries: On the South Te Ahutoetoe thence to the Kohiotu Final payment, £100. stream thence to Parakakau thence to Waitoki it stops at the stream on the west of Waitoki thence to Te Wainui where it meets Te Hemara’s boundary. Boundaries.

Now we have entirely given up this land to Victoria the Queen of England and to the Kings or Queens who may succeed her for ever.

For the receipt of this money we have hereunto subscribed our names and made our marks.

[Signatures.]

[Witnesses.]

Correct Translation.

T. E. Young, Translator, Native Department.

A True Copy of Original Receipt and Translation.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, July 27th 1875.