Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Deed Receipts—No. 24.]

Deed Receipts—No. 24.

Ruarangi Block, Whangarei District.

1855. 7 August.Kua riro mai ki a matou i tenei ra i te whitu. (7) o nga ra o Akuhata i te tau o to Whangarei District. tatou Ariki 1855 nga pauna moni kotahi rau he whitu tekau ma rima hei utunga Ruarangi. whakamutunga mo to matou kainga mo Ruarangi kua riro tonu atu nei mo te Kuini o Ingarani.
Receipt for(final instalment)£175
Received formerly525
£700
E rima rau e rua tekau ma rima kua riro mai ki a matou i nga ringaringa o to Honiana huia katoatia ka whitu rau nga pauna (£700) mo taua kainga. A mo to matou whakaaetanga ki te tukunga rawatanga o taua kainga mo ake tonu ki te Kuini o Ingarani ki nga Kingi Kuini ranei o muri iho i a ia ka tuhia iho nei o matou ingoa me o matou tohu.

Matitikuha Parakai.
Matini te Whakakoro.
Makareta Turix her mark.
Kerehi Waikakax her mark.

Kai Titiro ki enei tuhinga ingoa me te homaitanga o enei moni—

William B. Baker, Clerk, Land Purchase Department.
John White, Interpreter, Land Purchase Department.

Translation.

1855. 7 August.We have received on this day the seventh (7) day of August in the year of our Lord Ruarangi. 1855 the sum of One hundred and seventy five Pounds being the final payment for our place
Receipt for(final instalment)£175
Received formerly525
£700
Ruarangi which has gone completely into the possession of the Queen of England. Five hundred and twenty five [Pounds] we have received by the hands of Mr. Johnson making a total of Seven hundred Pounds (£700) for that place. And in token of our consent to the full cession of that place, for ever to the Queen of England and to the Kings or Queens who may succeed Her we hereunto sign our names and make our marks.

[Witnesses.]

[Signatures.]

Correct Translation.

T. E. Young,
Translator Native Departments.

A True Transcript of Office Copy of Original Receipt.

Wellington, February 24th, 1876

H. Hanson Turton.