Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Deed Receipts—No. 133.]

Deed Receipts—No. 133.

Paparata Block, Aotea District.

1854. 14 April.Aotea District.Kua riro mai ki a matou na te Makarini nga pauna moni kotahi tekau £10 . 0 . 0 hei wakaritenga utu mo tetahi wahi o to matou kainga ka oti i a matou te wakaae Paparata. kia tino tukua rawatia ki a Wikitoria te Kuini o Ingarini ki nga Kingi Kuini ranei Receipt for £10, deposit. o muri iho i a ia ake tonu utu.
Boundaries. Nga rohe o te whenua ka timata te rohe ki Potangotango haere ki Horokawau haere tonu i te Werewere haere tonu i Pari-te-iho haere tonu te Hiakai haere tonu te Waimaori ka eke ki Paparata te Rimu wakairo ka tutuki ki te Hutiwai ka rere mai ki runga ki te rohe o ta Kereopa tae noa ki Matahahaea ka tutuki ki Potangotango.

Ko Pumipi te kaumatua nana tenei whenua i wakaae ko matou nei ona tamariki koia matou ka wakaae kia tuhituhi nei i o matou ingoa Kei muri ano ia te ritenga wakaoti rawa mo tenei whenua.

Na Hemi Matini.
Hetaraka x.

Nga kai titiro—

John P. Russell, Settler, Wangai Moana, Wairarapa.
Alfred A. M. McKellar, Settler, New Plymouth.

Translation.

1854. 14 April.Aotea District.Wehave received at the hands of Mr. McLean the sum of Ten Pounds Sterling (£10) as an advance upon the land which we have consented to sell to Victoria the Queen of England to the Kings or Queens who may succeed her for ever and ever.
Paparata. The boundaries of the land commence at a place called Potangotango from thence Receipt for £10. to Horokawau from thence to te Werewere from thence to Pariteiho from thence to Boundaries. Hiakai from thence to te Waimaori it ascends to the top of Paparata from thence to Rimuwakairo it joins at te Hutiwai from thence until it joins at the boundary of Kereopa and from thence until it reaches Matahahaea it then joins at Potangotango.

Pumipi is the principal man who has consented to give up this land and we being his children are authorized to sell and sign our names to this agreement. The final and complete arrangements for the purchase of this land will be made hereafter.

Na Hemi Matini.
Hetaraka.

Witnesses—

John P. Russell, Settler, Wainga Moana, Wairarapa.
Alfred A. M. McKellar, Settler, New Plymouth.

A True Copy of Original Receipt and Translation.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, August 3rd, 1875.