Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Deeds Receipts—No. 125.]

Deeds Receipts—No. 125.

Epiha Putini's Interests in Lands sold at Whaingaroa.

1854. 14 July.Whaingaroa.Kua riro mai i au inaianei i tenei ra i te tekau ma wha (14) o Hurai i te tau 1854 nga Receipt for £50 pauna moni e rima tekau takitahi (£50) na te Makarini i homai ki a matou.
Epiha's claims Na ko enei moni he utu mo o matou whenua katoa i Whaingaroa katoa katoa— koia tenei ka oti atu nei ki te Kuini o Ingarangi ake tonu atu mea nga rakau me nga aha me nga aha katoa ake, ake.

A no te rironga mai o enei moni Rima tekau takitahi nga pauna koia to matou whakaaetanga ki tenei pukapuka me o matou ingoa me o matou tohu.

Epiha Putini x
Hetaraka
Na Wetere te Kauae
Narama Karaka x

Kai Titiro—

Archd. A. MacInnes, Clerk, L.P. Dept

H. T. Kemp

Translation.

1854. 14 July.We have received from Mr. McLean this fourteenth day of July in the year 1854 the Whaingaroa. sum of Fifty Pounds (£50) once told as a payment for all our claims to land at Receipt for £50 Whaingaroa which we now for ever give up and transfer to the Queen of England for ever with its timber and all thereunto appertaining. In testimony of our receipt of Epiha's claims these Fifty pounds and of our consent to the particulars of this deed we hereunto affix our names and marks.

Epiha Putini
Hetaraka
Wetere Kauae
Narama Karaka

Witnesses—

Sd. Archd. A. McInnes, Clerk, L.P. Dept.

Sd. H. T. Kemp

A True Copy of Original-Receipt and Translation.

H. Hanson Turton

Wellington August. 3rd 1875.