Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Deeds Receipts—No. 105.]

page 763

Deeds Receipts—No. 105.

Wairere Block, Lower Waikato District.

Kua riro mai ki a matou i tenei ra i te rua tekau ma rima o nga ra o Hurae i te tau o to 1854. 25 July. Lower Waikato District tatou Ariki 1854 nga pauna moni e toru tekau takitahi (£30 . 0 . 0) ko te utu timatanga tenei mo to matou whenua mo Wairere ka timata te rohe o raro ki Onepoto ka haere ki uta i roto o te awa o Waikato puta noa ki Wairere; ka ahu ki uta i roto o Wairere Wairere. puta noa ki te rohe kua hokona ki a te Kuini e Epiha Putini raua ko Ihaka Takanini ka Boundaries haere tonu i te taha o te rohe kua hokona puta noa ki te ruri o Onepoto wakaeke noa ki Receipt for £30, first instalment roto o Waikato.

Kia oti te ruritanga ka whakatumautia nga utu katoa mo tenei wahi.

Wata Kukutai
Raniera
Arama karaka
Nini te Waka
Te Reweti

Nga Kai Titiro—

C. L. Nugent, Native Secretary

C. O. Davis, Interpreter

Translation.

We have received this twenty fifth day of July in the year of our Lord 1854, the sum 1854. 25 July. of Thirty pounds (£30) being the first instalment for our land, Wairere. The boundary on the north commences at Onepoto thence turning inland up the Waikato river to Wairere. Wairere thence up the course of the Wairere to the boundary of the land sold by Epiha Receipt for £30, first instalment Putine and Ihaka Takanini to the Queen and along that boundary to the survey line of Onepoto and falls into the Waikato.

The total amount of payment will be decided upon when the land has been surveyed.

wata kukutai
Raniera
Arama karaka
Nini te Waka
Te Reweti

Witnesses—

C. L. Nugent, Native Secretary.

C. O. Davis, Interpreter

A True Copy of Original Receipt and Translation,

H. Hanson Turton

Wellington, July 21st, 1875