Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Declaration of John William Richard Guilding]

[Declaration of John William Richard Guilding]

Declaration of J. W. R. Guilding. I John William Richard Guilding of Shortland, in the District of Hauraki in the Province of Auckland and Colony of New Zealand a duly licensed Interpreter under the Native Lands Act 1865, The Native Lands Act, 1867, The Native Lands Act Amendment Act, 1868, The Native Lands Act 1869, and the Native Lands Act Amendment Act, 1870, do solemnly and sincerely declare as follows:—
1.That I was present on the day of December one thousand eight hundred and seventy two together with Henry Thornton Rowe of Shortland, aforesaid page 461Licensed Surveyor a male adult and did see Miriama Pehi Pukukauri, Peneamene Tanui Hori Kerei Tuokioki and Matene Pehi mentioned and described in the within written deed duly sign and execute the said deed.
2.That the signatures Peneamene Tanui "and Matene Pehi" set and subscribed to the within written deed are of the proper handwriting of the said Peneamene Tanui and Matene Pehe respectively and that the marks "x" "x" Thereto set and affixed were made in our presence by the said Miriama Pehi Pukukauri and Hori Kerei Tuokioki respectively.
3.That the signatures J. W. R. Guilding Henry T. Rowe set and subscribed to the said within written deed as the witnesses attesting the due execution thereof are of the proper handwriting of the said Henry T. Rowe, and me this declarant respectively.
4.That immediately before the execution of the said Deed by the said Miriama Pehi Pukukauri Peneamene Tanui Hori Kerei Tuokioki and Matene Pehi I did interpret the same to them into the Maori language and that my translation thereof was correct and was understood by the said Miriama Pehi Pukukauri Peneamene Tanui Hori Kerei Tuokioki and Matene Pehi.

And I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true and by virtue of the above named Acts of the General Assembly of New Zealand and of a certain other Act intituled. The Justics of the Peace Act, 1866.

J. W. R. Guilding.

Made and declared at Shortland in the Province aforesaid this twenty-fourth day of December, one thousand eight hundred and seventy two Before me?

E. W. Puckey,

One of Her Majesty's Justices of the Peace in and for the Colony of New Zealand. Registration. Received for registration at 2. p.m. 21st July, 1874.

M. Hamilton,
Depy. Regs.

Particulars entered in Register Book Vol 3, Folio 267 the 29th day of September, 1874, at 2 p.m.

J. V Davy, D.L.R.

(l.s.)
True Copy.
T. S. Hall,
Land Transfer Dept.

A True Transcript of Certified Copy of Deed, Declaration, and Endorsements.

H. H. Turton.

Wellington, October 25th, 1875