Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Declaration of William Joseph Young]

[Declaration of William Joseph Young]

Declaration of Wm. Joseph Young. In the matter of the Native Lands Act I William Joseph Young of Auckland in the Province of Auckland and Colony of New Zealand Licensed Native Interpreter do solemnly and sincerely declare that I did faithfully interpret in the Native language the before written Deed to Maihi Te Hinaki and Wiremu Ngawhare Te Hinaki before the execution of the said Deed by them.
2That my interpretation of the said Deed was correct and was understood by the said Maihi Te Hinaki, and Wiremu Ngawhare Te Hinaki.
3That the said Deed was executed by the said Maihi Te Hinaki and Wiremu Ngawhare To Hinaki on the day of the date thereof in my presence and in the presence of Uriah Glover of Coromandel in the Province aforesaid settler.
4That the name William J. Young set and subscribed at the foot of the said Deed as that of one of the witnesses attesting the execution thereof is of my proper handwriting.
5That the name Uriah Glover also set and subscribed at the foot of the said Deed as that of one of the witnesses attesting the execution thereof is of the proper handwriting of the said Uriah Glover and the said Uriah Glover is a male adult.
6That I hold a certificate authorizing me to act as an Interpreter under the Native Lands Act 1865 and the Native Lands Act 1867 which certificate is in full force and effect and I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true and by virtue of an Act of the General Assembly of New Zealand intituled the Justices of the Peace Act 1866.

Wm. J. Young.

Made and declared at Auckland in the Province of Auckland upon the twenty first day of April one thousand eight hundred and seventy three before me
P. A. Phillips, R.M.,
One of Her Majesty's Justices of the Peace for the Colony of New Zealand.

Trust Commissioner's certificate. I Theodore Minet Haultain the Trust Commissioner under the Native Lands Frauds Prevention Act 1870 for the District of Auckland do hereby certify that I have with respect to the within written instrument and the alienation thereby witnessed made the enquiries directed by the said Act and do certify that I am satisfied with the result of such enquiries. Dated the 30th day of April, 1873.

T. M. Haultain,
Trust Commissioner.

Auckland, 12th May, 1873. I hereby certify that the duty payable under the Native Lands Act on the within lease amounts to twenty two pounds nineteen shillings and one penny. 73/54.

Geo. B. Davy,
Regr. of Deeds.

Receipt for duties paid. Received the above named sum of twenty two pounds nineteen shillings and one penny.

Daniel Pollen, Sub-Treasurer. Auckland.

30th May, 73. The Deeds Register Office,
Auckland 27 November 1874. Registrar's certificate. I hereby certify that the foregoing is a correct copy of the lease numbered 3441d the same having been examined with the record copy thereof in volume D7 page 312.

(l.s.)M. Hamilton,
Depty. Regr.