Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Declaration of William Joseph Young]

[Declaration of William Joseph Young]

Declaration of Wm. Joseph Young. I Willam Joseph Young of Auckland in the Province of Auckland New Zealand Maori Interpreter do solemnly and sincerely declare—
1.That I hold a certificate duly authorizing me to act as Interpreter under "The Native Lands Act 1865" and the various subsequent statutes relating thereto or amendments there of and that such certificate is in full force and effect.
2.That I was present together with William Ford of Shortland in the said Province of Auckland, settler and did see Ngakapa Whanaupga and Hera Puna parties to the within written lease sign and execute the same and that immediately before the execution of the said Lease by the said Ngakapa Whanaunga and Hera Puna I did faithfully interpret the same to them into the Maori language and that my translation thereof was correct and was understood by them.
3.That the names William Ford and William J. Young set and subscribed as those of the attesting witnesses to the execution of the said Deed are of the proper handwriting of the said William Ford and of me this declarent and the said William Ford is a male adult and I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true and by virtue of an Act of The General Assembly of New Zealand intituled "The Justices of the Peace Act, 1866."

Wm. J. Young..

Declared at Shortland in the said Province
this thirty first day of December one
thousand eight hundred and seventy two
before me,—

E. W. Puckey,.
One of Her Majesty's Justices of the peace for New Zealand.

Trust Commissioner's certificate. I Theodore Minet Haultain the Trust Commissioner under "The Native Lands Frauds Prevention Act 1870." for the District of' Auckland do hereby certify, that I have with respect to the within written instrument and the alienation thereby witnessed made the enquiries directed by the said Act and certify that I am satisfied with the result of such enquiries.

T. M. Haultain,.
Trust Commissioner.

Dated this 30th day of April, 1873. Auckland, 12th May,1873. I hereby certify that the duty payable under the Native Lands Acts on the within Lease amounts to Twenty five pounds nineteen shillings and one penny on rent and premium in one payment and a further sum of eleven shillings and elevenpence "annually" for survey duty 73/53.

Geo. B. Davy,.
Regr of Deeds.

Receipt for duties paid. Received the above amounts of Twenty five pounds nineteen shillings and one penny and eleven shillings and elevenpence.

Daniel Pollen,.
Sub-Treasurer.

May 30, 1873.

page 453

The Deeds Register Office,

Auckland, 27th November,1874. I hereby certify that the foregoing is a correct copy of the Lease numbered 3443dRegister's certificate the same having been examined with the record copy thereof in volume D 7, page 303.

(l.s.)

M. Hamilton.
Depty. Regr. of Deeds.