Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Deeds—No. 284.]

page 346

Deeds—No. 284.

Patumahoe Reserve (Road, through), Manukau District.

1858. 24 April.Manukau District. E whakaae ana maua a Poharama a Perereka i tenei ra i te rua tekau ma wha o nga ra o Aperira i te tau, 1858. Kia tukua ki a te Kuini te wahi o Patumahoe hei ara mo Road Through Patumahoe Reserve. te Pakeha mo te Maori. Kia kotahi tiini te whanui o te ara kia puta i tetahi tana ki te taha taha o Patumahoe ko te whenua o taua ara he mea tuku tonu atu ki a Kuini ake tonu atu mo tetahi hoiho to kaata. A mo te rirongo mai o taua utu me to maua wkakaaetanga mai o taua utu me to maua Receipt for 1 cart horse. whakaaetanga ki nga riteriga katoa o tenei pukapuka koia o maua ingoa me o maua tohu i tuhia ai e maua ki tenei pukapuka.

Ko te tohu tenei o x Poharama.
Naku na Henare Perereka.

I te aroaro o—

Joseph Crispe.
Arthur G Purchas.
H. Crisp.

Translation.

1858. 24 April. We Poharama and Pererika agree on this twenty-fourth day of April in the year Patumahoe Reserve, Right of Road. 1858 to give up to the Queen a portion of Patumahoe as a road for the Europeans and Natives. The road to be one chain wide and to pass from one side of Patumahoe to the other. The land taken up by this road has been given up to the Queen for ever in Receipt for 1 cart horse. consideration of the gift of a good cart-horse. And in testimony of our having received this payment and of consent to all the conditions of this paper we hereunto sign our names and marks in the presence of—

The mark of x Poharama.
Henry Frederick.

Joseph Crispe.
Arthur G. Purchas.
Heywood Crispe.

A True Transcript of Office Copy of Deed.

H. H. Turton.

Wellington, September 30th, 1875.