Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Deeds—No. 241.]

Deeds—No. 241.

Onewherowhero Block, Waitemata, Auckland District.

1856. 31 December.Auckland District.He pukapuka whakaaetanga pono tenei naku na Paora Tuhaere kia hokona kia tino tukua rawatia atu kia Wikitoria te Kuini o Ingarani ki nga Kingi Kuini ranei o muri iho Onewherowhero, Waitemata. i a ia ake tonu atu taua wahi whenua aku ko Onewherowhero te ingoa ki te taha tua- page 299auru o Waitemata hei whakaritenga mo nga pauna moni E rua te kau ma rima (£25 . 0 . 0) kua riro mai nei ki ahau i nga ringaringa o Donald McLean te Tino Kai whakarite whenua o te Kawanatanga o Nui Tireni. Ko nga rohe enei o taua whenua ka timata i te taha ki te hau raro i te rohe o te hokonga o Pukeharakeke ka haere whaka te Receipt for £25. Marangai a tae noa ki te rohe o te hokonga o Whatati ka whati ki reira ka haere i taua Boundaries. rohe a tae noa ki te rohe o te hokonga o Kaipakau ka whati i reira ka haere i taua rche a tae noa ki te whatianga o te rohe o Pukeharakeke ka tuhono i reira. A mo te tino whakarenga rawatanga atu o tenei whenua ki to Kuini o Ingarangi me te rironga mai o enei moni e rua nei tekau ma rima pauna (£25. 0. 0) ka tuhia iho nei toku ingoa i tenei ra i te toru tekau ma tahi o nga ra o Tihema i te tau o to tatou Ariki kotahi mano e waru rau e rima tekau ma ono.

Paul Tuhaere.

Kai titiro ki tenei utunga moni me enei tuhinga ingoa—

Paraone Ngaweke.
Wm. B. Baker, Land P. Dept.
John White, Interpreter, Land P. Dept.

Translation.

This is a paper of the full and true consent of me Paora Tuhaere to sell and finally 1856. 31 December.Auckland District. convey to Victoria the Queen of England and to Kings or Queens who may succeed her for ever that portion of my land known by the name of Onewherowhero on the West side of the Waitemata in consideration of the Sum of Twenty five pounds Onewherowhero, Waitemata. (£25. 0. 0) which I have received from the hands of Donald McLean, Esquire, Principal Land Purchase Commissioner of the Government of New Zealand. The boundaries of the Receipt for £25. land are these Commencing on the North at the boundary of the Pukeharakeke purchase Boundaries. thence in an easterly direction till it reaches the boundary of the Whatati purchase where it turns and runs along the said boundary till it reaches the boundary of the Kaipakau purchase where it turns again and runs along the said boundary to the boundary of the Pukeharakeke purchase along which it proceeds to the bend of the Pukeharakeke boundary where it joins. And in testimony of the final surrender of this land to the Queen of England and of the receipt of the said twenty five pounds (£25. 0. 0) I have hereunto subscribed my name on this thirty first day of December in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and fifty six (1856).

(Sd.) Paul Tuhaere.

Witnesses to the payment and signatures—

(Sd.) Paraone Ngaweke.
(Sd.) Wm. B. Baker, Land P. Dept.
(Sd.) John White, Interpreter, Land P. Dept.

True translation.

Wm. B. Baker.

A True Copy of Original Deed and Translation.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, 4th September, 1874.