Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Declaration of Thomas McDonnell]

[Declaration of Thomas McDonnell]

I, Thomas McDonnell, of Auckland, in the Province of Auckland, in New Zealand, a duly Declaration of Thos. McDonnell. authorized Interpreter under "The Native Lands Act, 1865," and "The Native Lands Act, 1867," do solemnly and sincerely declare—
1.That I was present, together with William Henry Connell, of Auckland, aforesaid, Solicitor, a male adult, and did see Arama Karaka Haututu and Hone Waiti Hikitanga, named and described in the within-written Deed, duly sign and execute the same on the day of the date thereof.
2.That the names "Arama Karaka Haututu" and "Hone Waiti Hikitanga" thereto subscribed are of the respective proper handwritings of the said Arama Karaka Haututu and Hone Waiti Hikitanga.
3.That before the execution of the said Deed by the said Arama Karaka Haututu and Hone Waiti Hikitanga, I die translate the same to them into the Maori language, and that my translation thereof was correct, and was perfectly understood by the said Arama Karaka Haututu and Hone Waiti Hikitanga; and I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true, and by virtue of certain Acts page 248of the General Assembly of New Zealand intituled The Native Lands Act, 1865, The Native Lands Act, 1867, The Native Lands Act, 1869, and The Justices of the Peace Act, 1866.

Thos. McDonnell,
Licensed Interpreter.

Declared at the City of Auckland this eighth day of March one thousand eight hundred and seventy-three, Before me—

Jno. P. Pierce, J. P.