Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

Translation

Translation.

Know all men by these Presents; that on this eighteenth day of September in the year 1867. 18 September.Kaipara District. one thousand eight hundred and sixty seven (1867) I, the undersigned Aboriginal Native Chief and Aboriginal Native of New Zealand, in consideration of the sum of Fifty-nine Pounds (£59) to me paid by the Agent of the General Government on behalf of Her Part Of Taupaki Block. Majesty Queen Victoria (the receipt whereof is hereby acknowledged) do hereby sell release and convey unto Her said Majesty Queen Victoria, her heirs, successors, and assignees, all that piece or parcel of land situate in the Taupaki Block, at the River head, Waitemata, containing by admcasurement one hundred and eighteen (118) acres Boundaries. [118 acres.] more or less, bounded on the North by line bearing 261.40, 2538 links; and on the west by line bearing 179.16, 6262 links; on the south by line bearing 252.46, 1596 links, and on the East by the Kumeu Creek; and all the rights and appurtenances thereunto page 246belonging, and all the right, title, interest claim and demand whatsoever of me therein or thereto; to have and to hold the said land and appurtenances unto Her said Majesty, Her heirs, successors and assignees absolutely for ever. In witness whereof I have hereto subscribed my name.

Paora Tuhaere.

Signed by the said Paora Tuhaere, in the presence of—

John White, J.P.

Receipt for £59. Received on this eighteenth day of September in the year One thousand eight hundred and sixty seven (1867) the sum of Fifty nine Pounds (£59) The full consideration money expressed in the above written deed to be paid by the Agent of the General Government on behalf of Her Majesty Queen Victoria to me.

Paora Tuhaere.

Witness—

John White, J.P.

A True Copy of Original Deed and Translation.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, September 8th, 1874.