Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Deeds—No. 133.]

Deeds—No. 133.

Waikaraka Block, Whangarei District.

1864. 10 October.Ko Maua nga Tangata nana te Pihi whenua kei te Waikaraka kei Whangarei e whakaae Whangarei District. ana ki te tuku i tetahi wahi o taua whenua kei Te Kuini o Ingarani hei Rori, me tetahi wahi whenua kei te taha, o te awa o Te Waikaraka hei tauranga Poti, hei aha noa iho mona Waikaraka. mo nga Pakeha katoa.
Road and landing-place. Ko taua rori kua oti te ruri hei rori mo nga pakeha mo matou katoa hold, kia Rima tekau ringi te whanui (½ chain) ka timata i te Waikaraka puta to atu kei uta ki te Boundaries. whenua o te Kawanatanga, ka tino tukua rawatia e matou kia te Kuini, me taua pihi whenua i tatahi i tenei ra te 10 o nga ra o Oketopa 1864.
Receipt for £7 . 10. Ko te utu mo aua pihi whenua E whitu Pauna me te kotahi tekau hereni kua riro mai ki a maua.

Tipene Hari.
Stephen Sydney Pakia.William M. Meredith.
Henry C. Holman, Settler.

Translation.

1864. 10 October.We the persons to whom the piece of land at Te Waikaraka, Whangarei, belongs, agree to Waikaraka. give a portion of that land to the Queen of England for the purpose of a Road—also a piece of land by the river side for a Boat landing place—or for any other purpose for Road and landing-place. the Pakehas.
That road has been surveyed to be a road for the Pakehas and also for all of us, it is to be fifty links wide, to commence at Waikaraka and be continued thence inland to Boundaries. the Government land—we completely hand over to the Queen (this road) and that piece of land by the water side on this day the 10th of the days of October 1864.
Receipt for £7 . 10. The payment for those pieces of land is Seven pounds ten shillings which has been received by us two.

(Sd.) Tipene Hari.
(Sd.) Stephen Sydney Pakia.
(Sd.) William M. Meredith.
(Sd.) Henry C. Holman, Settler.

A True Copy of Original Deed and Translation.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, March 22nd, 1875.