Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Deeds—No. 69.]

Deeds—No. 69.

Omataroa Block, Hokianga District.

1875. 24 April.Hokianga District.This Deed made the Twenty-fourth day of April 1875, between Her Majesty Queen Omataroa. Victoria on the one part, and Hamiora Hau of Hokianga, Aboriginal Natives of the Colony of New Zealand, (hereinafter called "the Vendors,") of the other part, witnesseth, that in consideration of the sum of Two hundred and seven pounds ten shillings Receipt for £207 . 10. (£207 " 10), by Her Majesty paid to the Vendors on the execution hereof (and the receipt whereof is hereby acknowledged), the Vendors do, and each of them doth, hereby surrender, convey, and assure Her said Majesty, all that block or parcel of land containing Three thousand three hundred and twenty acres or thereabouts known or called Omataroa, as the same is more particularly described in the Schedule hereto, and delineated on the plan drawn on this Deed and coloured red; together with all rights and appurtenances thereto belonging or appertaining:

To hold the said land and premises with the appurtenances unto Her said Majesty, Her Heirs and Successors, for ever.

In witness whereof the Vendors have hereunto set their hands the day and year first above written.

Hamiora Hau.

Signed by the said Hamiora Hau after the contents had been explained to him by an Interpreter of the Courts he appearing to clearly understand the meaning of the same.
In the presence of
Spencer von Sturmer,
Resident Magistrate, Hokianga.
Charles E. Nelson,
Interpreter under Native Land Act, 1873.

Schedule.

Boundaries. [3,320 acres.]All that block or parcel of land in the Province of Auckland, District of Hokianga, containing three thousand three hundred and twenty (3320) acres or thereabouts, called or known as Omataroa. Bounded—On the East by the Manginangina Block, three thousand one hundred and ninety-nine (3199) links, two hundred and forty (240) links, three thousand three hundred (3300) links, nine hundred and ten (910) links, one thousand nine hundred and sixty-six (1966) links, and two hundred and thirty (230) links, and by the Waipapa River; towards the West by the Mangapa River, the Mangakino River, and by lines four hundred (400) links, one thousand and fifty (1050) links, and one thousand four hundred and eighty (1480) links; and towards the North by lines six hundred and fifty (650) links, three thousand two hundred and ten (3210) links, one thousand one hundred and fifty-four (1154) links, five hundred and fifty-two (552) links, and nine hundred and ninety-three (993) links; and by the Matawerohia Block, page 95two hundred and eighty (280) links, two hundred and twenty-eight (228) links, two hundred and seventy (270) links, two hundred and seven (207) links, four hundred and ten (410) links, six hundred (600) links, four hundred and sixty-two (462) links, five hundred and thirty-six (536) links, nine hundred and twelve (912) links, and eight hundred and twenty-eight (828) links.
He pukapuka tuku rawa atu tenei na Hamiora Hau i tera whenua katoa tona Maori précis. ingoa ko "Omataroa" kia Wikitoria Kuini o Ingarangi ki ona uri ki nga Kuini ki nga kingi i muri i a ia ake tonu atu ko te utu mo taua whenua E rua rau ma whitu pauna tekau hereni (£207 " 10 ") ko te nui e toru mano e toru rau e rua tekau eka koni ake iti iho ranei. Ko nga rohe enei ki te Marangai ko "Manginangina" he whenua kua oti te ruri, ko te awa o "Waipapa." Ki te Hauauru ko te awa o "Mangapa." Ki te Kotiu ko te awa o "Mangakino" ko Matawerohia he whenua kua oti te ruri.

Hamiora Hau.

Spencer von Sturmer,

Resident Magistrate, Hokianga.

Charles E. Nelson,
Interpreter under Native Land Act, 1873.

I, Theodore Minet Haultain, the Trust Commissioner under "The Native LandsTrust Commissioner's certificate. Frauds Prevention Act, 1870," for the District of Auckland, do hereby certify that I have, with respect to the within-written instrument, and the alienation thereby witnessed, made the inquiries directed by the said Act, and do certify that I am satisfied with the result of such inquiries. Dated this 24th day of August, 1875.

T. M. Haultain,
Trust Commisr.

740 c.

Received for Registration at 1 p.m. 24th August, 1875.Registration.

[l.s.]

M. Hamilton,
Dep. Registrar.

A True Copy of Original Deed, Maori Précis, Certificate and Endorsement.

H. H. Turton.

Wellington, March 10th, 1876.